Information on Ordering Artwork and answers to Frequently Asked Questions.
Please Provide the Following information when Placing an Order:
1.) The name of the
artist's section the page is listed in. Even if there are multiple artists
listed, it is important to list the artist whose section the page is in.
Example, when ordering an Amazing Spider-Man page from Scott Hanna (who inked
the issue over John Romita, Jr.) please list Scott Hanna as the artist.
Due to the volume of pages and artists we represent, if this is not done, order
processing will be significantly delayed and it is possible we will be unable to
locate the page for you to complete your order.
6) If there is no scan of the page, please briefly describe the first panel scene. This is to make sure the page numbering is the same (i.e. you want story page 12, not line-up page 12) and many pages are without lettering on the pages now, so word balloons will not be helpful in all situations. Please do not e-mail the scan back to me as part of your order. I do not download attachments from people I do not know due to the threat of computer virus.
The only means of ordering is via E-mail Confirmation. Please
E-Mail all requests for pages to SpencerBck@aol.com.
Please note due to the volume of requests, sometimes delays occur in the
order confirmation process. All order will be processed in the
order they were received (i.e. if you placed an order on May 1 but don't
receive a confirmation immediately, if someone else tries to order the
same page on May 5, the page is still on hold for you).
1) ORDERS : MUST be emailed to SpencerBck@aol.com . NO EXCEPTIONS. Telephone and fax orders will no longer be accepted. We apologize for any inconvenience.
2 ) INVENTORY CHECKS : We are sorry, but due to the sheer volume of orders we receive on a daily basis, we cannot process Inventory checks. We apologize for any inconvenience. Please feel free to place an order with alternate pages listed in the order you would like them ... I want any two of these pages etc.
We do our very best to make sure that the website is updated as often as possible and is as accurate as possible. In return, we ask that our customer only inquire about those pieces which they firmly intend on purchasing.
3) CONNECTICUT & FOREIGN ORDERS : If you are a Connecticut resident, or if this is a foreign order, please let me know WHEN YOU PLACE YOUR ORDER as this will affect both payment and shipping fees.
4) PAYMENT METHODS ACCEPTED:
Cash ( at customer's risk )
Also, for an additional flat fee of $45.00 bank wire transfer service are now available. If this service is needed, please email for specific details.
Credit Cards are now accepted. Please email for details.
No Paypal accepted.
Click here or scroll to the FAQ to find out why.
5) SHIPPING SERVICES : The shipping service speed such as Ground, Priority, Express, 3 Day Express Saver, etc., is solely at the discretion of The Artist's Choice. The Artist's Choice accepts no responsibility for any additional delays caused by the shipping service, of your choice, once the package leaves our possession.
THE FINE PRINT
All payments must be made in United States currency
All artwork is shipped flat, secure and insured.
Domestic shipping charges are $ 20.00 for Ground Domestic Shipping or $30.00 for FedEx Ground Domestic ( this applies for orders up to 10 pages). Canadian shipping is $55.00. Anywhere else is $65.00. We apologize for these higher rates, we do not set them ... they are set by the USPS for International shipping with tracking service. All International Orders are sent via USPS.
IMPORT DUTIES, TAXES & CUSTOMS DECLARATIONS:
7 ) AUTOGRAPHING PURCHASES : Please note that due to the costs and time constraints we are no longer able to offer this service.
*All purchases are subject to availability. As each piece is one of a kind, sales may occur before this web site can be updated. Customers MUST confirm availability of artwork VIA EMAIL before sending payments.
Additional Disclaimers :
* While we try to make sure prices and page numbers are accurate, typographical errors can occur. If an error occurs and an order has already been placed and / or payment received, the customer will have the option of purchasing page at the corrected price or refund at their discretion.
* Please note that The Artist's Choice is not responsible for any missing Word Balloons or Stats. Due to the nature of the age of certain pages, it it possible that a word balloon or stat may fall off after scans have been done and placed online (or in some cases with newer artwork they were put in via computer). Although the utmost care is taken with the artwork ... word balloons and stats fall off constantly .. it is just a fact of the industry as well as the passage of time. We apologize for any disappointment should a balloon fall off in between scanning and customers receipt of artwork order. As a result, WE ARE SORRY, BUT NO REFUNDS OR EXCHANGES WILL BE OFFERED OR ACCEPTED FOR MISSING WORD BALLOONS OR STATS.
* Although we do our best to make note of any blemishes & mild stains or mild damage due to handling ... it is impossible to make note of every single one. Certain degrees of blemishes, paper fatigue and stains are going to be present due to the constant handling of the artwork in the production process. Furthermore, a blemish. handling fatigue or stains ( unless quite prominent ) is open to interpretation. We apologize for any disappointment should you be unhappy, but we cannot be responsible unless it is 100% apparent at time of listing and sale. As a result, WE ARE SORRY, BUT NO REFUNDS OR EXCHANGES WILL BE OFFERED OR ACCEPTED FOR BLEMISHES, MILD PAPER FATIGUE DUE TO HANDLING OR MILD STAINS .
* Due to customer requests, we do our best to make note when art pages are inked via the BLUE LINE process. However, there is no way we can possibly identify every single page inked in this manner. Regardless, we still consider blue line inked pages original artwork and price them accordingly. Again, although we do our best to make note ... NO RETURNS, REFUNDS or EXCHANGES are accepted if a page turns out to be blue line inks and it is not noted. It is still original artwork and is the final artwork used for the production of the comic itself.
The Artists Choice reserves the right to correct prices / page numbers without notice (even after an order had been placed). We apologize in advance for any inconvenience should an error occur.
What is a
1) SPLASH PAGES : are any page where one image is either half the page or more horizontally or 2/3 or the page or more vertically.
2) PANEL PAGES : are any non splash page.
3) IN COSTUME vs. NON COSTUME PAGES : If any part of the costume is showing ... even just their boots ... it is considered an IN COSTUME page. As long as nothing of the costume is showing it is considered a NON COSTUME page.
4) NON COSTUMED CHARACTERS : Where a character does not have a costume (Luke Cage, Jonah Hex, G.I. Joe for example) in costume prices apply.
Why do you not
accept Credit Cards/Paypal?
Why do you
not accept Telephone Orders Anymore?
there are no scans available, can I request one?
is there a delay in an Order Confirmation?
the Website 100% Accurate?
you Buy Artwork?
I sell artwork through you/Have you represent me?
I arrange a visit to see artwork prior to purchase/pick up in person?
(c) 2000-2014 The Artist's Choice. All Images & Characters contained within this site are copyright and trademark their respective owners. No portion of this web site, including the images contained herein, may be reproduced without the express written permission of the appropriate copyright & trademark holder. "The Artist's Choice" is a trademark of Spencer R. Beck. All rights reserved.